Recipe: Easy to make curry ramen

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Here's a post as a tribute to the ramen craze and to the Japanese food crazy. I'm quite a gourmet ramen newbie so when I ordered this awesome curry ramen from Kenji Tei, I instantly fell in love. Who wouldn't love the spice of Japanese curry blended in soup and noodles? Oh, it was heaven, nomnomnom!

kenji tei curry ramen

After several days, I craved again for the taste of curry ramen and decided to make one myself. As the craving came spontaneously, I decided to go for four simple ingredients that would easily make a ramen:

Ingredients:

1. Japanese noodles or wheat noodles
2. S&B Golden Curry (you pick the spice level - we picked #5)
3. Onion leeks 
4. Pork slices cut into small squares (sukiyaki cut is best! don't settle for bacon slices, which had a lot of fat - learn from our experience haha). I think beef is better but there weren't sukiyaki cut or any thin slices for the beef in the supermarket.

Also, you could add bok choy, tomato, and onions to the broth.

  

I'm not exactly an expert in ramen and what I did are merely guesses for the recipe.

Instructions

1. Create the broth by adding oil on a pot and place the sliced onion leeks until fragrant.
2. Fry the pork slices until there are no pink spots.
3. Add water, depending on how many you want to make. For us, it's roughly 500ml of water.



4. Add a cube of S&B Golden Curry. Stir until melted and mixed. You can add more cubes, depending on your preference. Be careful though - more cubes and not much water will make the soup thick. You'd want soup, not sauce.
5. Let it boil. I decided to remove the impurities or surface foam of the broth just so I have a clear and pretty soup. :))



6. Next, you'd want to cook your noodles. Boil a pot of water and add the noodles. Don't overcook or it will become soggy. Drain the water with a strainer and make sure to have running water on it to stop the cooking process.

 


7. Pour the soup on a bowl and add the noodles. Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog